Monday, February 1, 2010

Life UneXpected, a review.

So, you're thinking about watching Life Unexpected, but you're also thinking: "Ugh! It's on the CW."

Speaking as someone who despises most of the shows on the CW and only watches certain shows for either eye candy or a couple I just ship so much; it's good. I was a huge fan of the WB. I watched One Tree Hill, religiously (post season 3, not so much - note: OTH went to the CW post season 3). I also loved 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, Related, Raising Dad, Reba, What I Like about You, and Everwood.

So, when I say that Life Unexpected is so reminiscent of Gilmore Girls and even Everwood, yes, it has the feel of Everwood only the most underrated show that the WB ever created - it's a show that is worth watching.

Yes, Life Unexpected is campy, cliche at times, and kinda awkward with a little bit of scandalous (only a little, it's not Gossip Girl!).

BUT! Yes, there is a but in this. It's a fun show and sometimes campy which is what you might need to relax for a day. I mean, I love shows that make you think (like Lost), but I also love shows that you can just watch with the family (or just with your dad sometimes, if you're me) and not be worried that there's gonna be a random, awkward threesome with the least popular characters on the said tv show (again, this is NOT Gossip Girl).

With everything being said - I give Life Unexpected two thumbs up because 1) it's adorable, 2) Kerr Smith is in it, and 3) if you were a WB fan, it will remind you of times before the new 90210 or Melrose.

2 comments: